Monday, 23 December 2013 10:15 , Written by Jeff Omondi (Writer)
Decency, class and sheer talent are the words that best describe Kenyan Hollywood actress, Lupita Nyong'o. Lupita is living proof that you can make it, without bearing it all to the public. And we’re not the only ones who have noticed her impeccability.
Over the weekend, American Online news aggregator and blog, Huffington Post, paid a glowing tribute to the screen goddess.
4. Her beautiful, flawless skin wasn't always a reality. Growing up she had a skin disorder that was cleared by medicinal herbs from Madagascar. Amazing!
5. She's been bald (well, almost) and beautiful since she was 19 years old. She cut off all her hair after getting fed up with her weekly salon visits and using so many chemicals and dyes.
6. Although Kenyan and raised in Kenya, Lupita was actually born in Mexico and her name is the diminutive form of the name "Guadalupe."
7. Her first big acting break was playing Juliet in "Romeo and Juliet" at a repertory theater in Kenya.
8. She attended Hampshire College for her undergraduate degree and then graduated from the Yale School of Drama.